Saturday, April 14, 2007

Blogging from San Francisco

Good morning everyone. I will be blogging from the National School Board Conference in San Francisco for the next few days. I arrived here Thursday afternoon after a 14-hour trip from LaPlata. This is my first time in California and must say it is very interesting. Upon first entering the city, I was in total awe at how they build and stack all these colorful, shoebox looking houses on the side of a hill. (I forgot my USB cable but I’ll try to post some pictures when I return.) I
finally arrived at my hotel in the South Market District, which is the Artsy section of town, and especially intriguing.

After settling in, I went for a walk and checked out the Yerba Buena Gardens and Center for the Arts. The weather was absolutely gorgeous and everyone was outside in the gardens enjoying the fresh air and sunshine.

On Friday I checked in at the conference and attended an all day session called Getting the Max from the Media. You can check out my notes in the next post (You can also check out my notes, as well as other board members at the conference blog site. In the late afternoon, I took a cable car to Fisherman’s Wharf. Needless to say the cable car ride was my first and I thoroughly enjoyed it. I got to view Lombard Street, the “crookedest street in the world”, and look forward to trying to ride down it another day. I enjoyed a leisurely stroll down by the piers with views of Alcatraz, Treasure Island, and the Golden Gate Bridge. (Sorry no pictures yet).

All in all, I like San Francisco and I’m looking forward to the rest of the week.

No comments: