The Board of Education Meeting on Tuesday, August 11 will be re-broadcast on Comcast Channel 96, Verizon FIOS Channel 12 and is available via webstream at http://www.ccboe.com/ . To view the full agenda and the various reports, please visit BoardDocs .
The below notes are my personal notes and are not intended to be all-inclusive or official minutes for the Board of Education meetings and are provided as a request from my supporters and the general public in a personal effort to be more transparent. Although I have diligently tried to make these notes as unbiased and accurate as possible, I am only human and do make mistakes.
Executive session – 11 a.m.
Call to order – 12 p.m.
Pledge of Allegiance
Negotiated contract signing
- Negotiated Agreement FY 15_16 CCPS FINAL1.pdf (1,924 KB)
- Negotiated Agreement_July 24 2015 (2)..pdf (314 KB)
Correspondence/Board Member updates
- Crawford - Palko and him toured St. Charles HS this morning. Impressed.
- Crawford - VFW Honors America's teachers
- Kelly - This Week is tax free. Go shop
- Abell - Andrews Air Force Base, 9/18 visit
American Federation of State, County and Municipal Employees update
Student Board Member update - August SMOB Report.pdf (28 KB)
Alternative Education Committee update - Alternative Education Committee Report to Board Final.(3).pdf (1,696 KB)
- True Alternative Education, not just discipline, Opt in or request in
- Lunch on Us - Summer meal program, 14 sites, hot meals
- 13,424 meals to children and 1,327 to adults
- 3,734 were cold meals; remainder was hot meals
BdAgendaReport FY 2017 CIP.pdf (996 KB)
Social media policy - Social media policy August 2015.pdf (16 KB)
- Abell - questioned some wording regarding prohibiting staff and student interaction; will be addressed in rules
- Abell - questioned about Cyberbullying; again will be addressed in rules
- Abell - Can we get proposed rules along with the policy prior to passing
- Kelly what will be relaying or communicating via social media; just another tool in the toolbox
- Kelly - can we legally prohibit a staff from saying something on their personal page?
- Hill - PAC with Board will be October 27th at Starkey at 7:00 p.m.
- Hill - Teacher Rep to Meet with Board at St. Charles/Starkey November 17th at 5:00 p.m.
- Hill - Town Hall Meeting at St. Charles High School in the evening on September 28th
- Palko - students worked on PT305 video; Dr. Hill will check
- Hill - Dr. Mudd community forum regarding renovations proposed; October 14th at 6:30 p.m.; March 9th at 6:30 p.m.
Public Forum – 3:30 p.m. - None
- Minutes - Palko made an administrative correction