Executive session – 12 p.m.
Superintendent’s update to the Board - See report
Correspondence/board member updates
- Bowie - comment from parent of a former North Point student praises Dr. Hill; another comment from a parent just transferred from Fairfax County says CCPS is better than FX
- Cook - Enjoyed It's Academic
- Pedersen - Enjoyed It's Academic; LPHS Senior Interviews; CCASC meeting to say thank you and good bye
- Lukas - All County Band enjoyable; Military Ball
American Federation of State, County and Municipal Employees update - See report
Student Board member’s update - See report
Student Transfers - See Report
- Slightly up due to redistricting
- Wise - Appeals to the state level have all been upheld. Our Policy is good.
- Abell - and it works
- Pool at St. Charles moving forward. Enclosure this winter. May 2015 Completion.
- FB Gwynn boiler & roof going to bid
- Dr. Brown - roof replacement; ordering eqipment for Spring
- CIP Submission to state; state made recommendations; we appealed
- St. Charles - requested balance
- Stoddert MS roof and boiler
- Kindergarten additions at Jenifer and Matula
- Planning for elementary #3 and Mudd renovations
- Wise - PK legislation moving forward
- Hill - lot of talk but nothing yet
- This report was put together based on common, reoccurring concerns regarding the standards at the county level. It addresses the instruction issues, not the political issues. It will be shared with principals this week with hopes of sharing with parents through PTA etc at every school.
- Addresses myths vs facts at the local level.
- Abell - can students opt-out of HSA's or PARCC assessments? NO. State requirement
- Please, please, please provide feedback on this report. Please keep comments constructive, give specifics, and let me know of any contradictions.
- Abell - questions asked previously...when can we receive an update? Where are we losing teachers to(surrounding counties?); Review of the World History Text Book; Portable classroom update including condition and ownership.
Presentation of plaques to outgoing Board
Board Farewell – 3:30 p.m.
Recognition – 4:30 p.m.
- Students - Paris Jones, 5th grade, Academic Achievement; C. Paul Barnhart Elementary School; Principal: Troy D. Barnes; Shana Cavanaugh, 5th grade; Academic Achievement; Dr. Brown Elementary School, Principal: Christienne Warren; Sarah Jones, 11th grade; Personal Responsibility; Henry E. Lackey High School; Principal: James Short; Roman Lakner, 5th grade; Academic Achievement; T. C. Martin Elementary School; Principal: Gregory Miller; Michael Petschk, 8th grade; Career Readiness; John Hanson Middle School; Principal: Kathy-Lynn Kiessling
- Employees - Timothy P. Remo, fifth grade teacher, Barnhart; Carrie J. Lamb, Reading Resource teacher, Brown; Bonnie D. Jenkins, third grade teacher, Martin; Patricia A. Hodson, Media Specialist, Hanson; Camille C. Calloway, Special Education teacher, Lackey
- Andrew Williams - CCASC - student liasions - speaking on students behalf to reinstate after school activity buses. Understand may not be possible due to budetary concerns. Ask the board to consider allowing each individual school to explore options to fund their own activity buses. After school buses are a necessity for students to participate in athletics, clubs, organizations and tutoring.
- Pension policy #3920
- Extra-curricular and athletic eligibility requirements policy #6431