The Board of Education Work Session on Monday, May 23 will be re-broadcast on Comcast Channel 96, Verizon FIOS Channel 12 and is available via webstream at http://www.ccboe.com/ . To view the full agenda and the various reports, please visit BoardDocs .
Call to order – 5 p.m. - Pledge of Allegiance
Public Forum (names may be misspelled)
- Christa Falls - Transgender bathroom policy. Against new policy. Privacy and respect issues.
- Phyllis Lately - 4 daughters through CCPS. Against new transgender policy
- Theresa Shutters - Against transgender policy
- Rose Age - 5 children; 2 @ LPHS. Against transgender policy; daughter doesn't feel safe
- FY 2017 operating budget - BOEapprovedbudget_report item.(3).pdf (418 KB)
- Kelly - requested information of teacher mentors and substitute buses.
- Lukas - 2015 audit, assigned and unassigned fund balance. unassigned will be driven to 0 by 2018.
- Sotomeyer - assigned fund balance is for insurance etc. Gap basis = recognize expenditures of the entity during that fiscal year.
- Palko - purchasing 14 new buses because we are required by law. (buses cannot be over 15 years old and in service)
- Crawford - risk of federal money on not following the federal transgender policy
- Policy 6000 revisions - Board Revisions_Policies6000.pdf (693 KB)
- Abell - Asked for the Chair to consider a consensus of the board to delay policy discussion until the next work session due to the needed executive session still this evening. Approved.