Monday, February 05, 2007

Maryland Association of Student Councils

A meeting of the Maryland Association of Student Councils took place Saturday at North Point High School. The 800 student delegate attendees picked two nominees to represent Maryland's million students on the State Board of Education. The two students chosen were from Prince George's County; Renford Freemantle of Beltsville and Haywood Perry III of Accokeek. Gov. Martin O'Malley will appoint one of the two nominees to the board.

In a quote taken from the Washington Post article

Roberta "Bobbie" Wise, the newly elected vice chairman of the Charles County Board of Education, said she was blown away by the student leaders.

"Those kids were impressive," Wise said. "My God, I wish I had that composure when I was campaigning."


Although I couldn't personally attend the meeting, my congratulations and compliments to the Charles County Association of Student Councils for a very organized and informative event.

No comments: