Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Work-life Balance and Our Outdated School Schedule

Huffington Post
Posted: 07/19/2012 5:08 pm
Jennifer Davis.Co-Founder & President, National Center on Time & Learning


Last weekend, as I balanced spending time with my five-year-old daughter and completing numerous work-related projects, I read "Why Women Still Can't Have it All", the cover article in The Atlantic by Anne-Marie Slaughter that is generating lots of buzz. I felt like I was reliving my own life through her words.

Having worked in my early career to advance women in politics and for 10 years in the education policy world of Washington, D.C. -- my last position serving as a Deputy Assistant Secretary in the U.S. Department of Education in the Clinton Administration -- I am a member of the generation of women who were determined to prove that women can have it all.

READ MORE HERE

No comments: